Our Christmas gift to Rima was time and money - donated time to clean up and tidy up in the yard of their new place, and money for plants and such. Time was of course the more precious commodity!
We'd planned to do it three weeks ago, but the weather was cold and nasty, so that made no sense. Then there was our trip to England and Easter, so finally we got there this week even though my sprained foot was a bit of a bummer.
There was lots to do. Trim trees of dead branches. Fill in empty spots. Weed, weed, weed. Plant seeds. And plant an herb spiral.
Herb spiral? You betcha!
I brought bits I'd culled from my own little herb patch and there we collected rocks from the neighboring fields.
When we got home, there was lots of watering to do since it has remained sunny and D R Y. But that means too that everything is blooming like crazy. I cut these lilacs to put on the dining table. I bet you can smell them from here. Just heavenly.
No comments:
Post a Comment